1. To provide educational support to the orthopaedic surgeons of Indian origin currently in training or practicing in the UK, as well as those who, at any time, have been trained in the UK but are settled outside UK.
2. To bring Indian and British Orthopaedics together through training and education
3. To promote sharing of knowledge and culture between Indian and British orthopaedic surgeons, in India and UK, by arranging educational meetings, courses, travelling fellowships and other similar activities.
4. To organise various meetings, courses, other educational and social events at local, regional and national level for its members and non-members and to act as forum for informal discussion amongst them on issues of mutual interest.
5. To organise a yearly national scientific conference.
6. To establish BOA recognized sub-specialty training / long-term fellowship in centres of excellence in India for British trainees.
7. To support the IOA in its endeavor to modernize orthopaedic training in India