BIOS was officially formed in 1998 and received recognition from BOA.
BIOS sponsored several eminent British consultants attend Indian Orthopaedic conferences / courses as well as charity events.
BIOS sponsored several Orthopaedic trainees from India and provided short-term and long-term training opportunities, including MCh training programmes.
- 14th Annual BIOS meeting was held in Glasgow under the chairmanship of Mr Kamal Deep. Despite being the first annual conference in Scotland, the delegates attended in large numbers.
- The 3rd ‘Indian Summer’ scientific meeting was held successfully at the BOA Annual Conference. Mr Amit Sinha and Mr Venu Kavarthapu organised the meeting with support from BOA. The invited guest speakers were Dr Ashok Rajagopalan from Delhi, Prof Vrisha Madhuri from Vellore, Dr John Mukhopadhaya from Patna, Prof Benjamin Joseph from Manipal, Prof Randipsingh Bindra from USA, Dr Sudhir Warrier from Mumbai and Prof Joseph Dias, president of BOA. This was followed by an Indian Themed Conference Dinner.
- BIOS had active participation in the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association annual conference in Delhi, led by Mr Vikas Khanduja.
- BIOS had a large faculty participation in the IOACON 2012 meeting in Chennai. The first ‘British Autumn’ scientific conference in the IOACON meeting was arranged by BIOS. Mr Partyn Porter, Prof Joe Dias and Prof Rajasekharan had actively contributed to the success of this session.
- BIOS Medway FRCS (Tr&Orth) course was arranged with enthusiastic and active contribution by a number of BIOS members.
- Indo British Junior fellowships (Jagdish Menon, Mrinal Sharma, Siddharth Sharma), Indo British Senior Fellowship (Ajai Singh, Shyam K Saraf), BOTA BIOS fellowships, MP (Ashish Gohia, Anand Ajmera), Karnataka (Sreeranga, Neelan Patil) and Kerala (Sujay Nathan, Subin Bhaskar) state chapters fellowships were successfully run at highest standards
- 13th Annual BIOS meeting at Birmingham under the chairmanship of Mr KP Meda. Very successful meeting with maximum number of delegates.
- Successful Senior (Prof Anil Dhal, Dr Avtar Singh & Dr Raju Vaishya) and Junior (Dr Amite Pankaj, Dt Rajiv Thukral & Dr Raju Karrupal) Indo British Travelling Fellowship. Senior Fellows visited Dublin for the Combined British & Irish Orthopaedic Congress.
- State Chapters Fellows (5) from MP, Kerala and Karnataka.
- BIOS UK organised a satellite symposium at the BAPIO annual conference at Birmingham in June
- A MOU signed between BIOS and Bangalore Medical College Research Institute & M/s SPARSH Hospitals, Bangalore for organising medical electives.
- IOS UK members attended the MPCON meeting
- IOS UK members attended the Indian Arthroplasty association meeting at Hyderabad in October.
- Mr Muddu with Prof Angus Wallace organised a Shoulder course at Bangalore in Dec.
- Successful participation of IOS UK members at the IOACON meeting at Noida in Ghaziabad
- Organised a Trauma symposium at University of Medical sciences, Rohtak in Dec.
- JBJS committee endorsed the BOTA/BIOS fellowships and approved to support and sponsor a third fellow for the next 3 years.
- 3 BOTA/BIOS fellows selected. S Philip Mathew (Hand Fellowship), Rej Bhumbra (Orthopaedic Oncology surgery) and Saket Tibrewal (Trauma & Lower limb arthroplasty)
- 12TH Annual BIOS Meeting in Gillingham Kent under the chairmanship of Srinivas Samsani. Hugely successful. Lord Swaraj Paul was the Chief Guest.
- Successful Senior (Prof N K Magu, Prof R Malhotra & Dr Y Kharbanda) and Junior (Dr Ashish Devgun, Dr Anil Agarwal & Dr Vijay Kumar) Indo British Fellowships.
- 3 Free Orthoteers Subscriptions for registrars in India
- BIOS delegation to IOACON meeting at Jaipur. Organised combined BOA/BIOS trauma symposium
- First batch of BIOS/BOTA Travelling Fellowships (2) to India. Inder Gill (Trauma & Lower limb arthroplasty) and Sertaz-Neil Singh Kang (Shoulder fellowship).
- 2nd Indian Summer /BOA Meeting Sept in Manchester. Well organised scientific meeting. Indian evening dinner hosted by BIOS President, Mr Murti Gollopudi was well attended and received immense appreciation.
- Dr Deepak Shivanna nominated as Overseas Coordinator in India
- Medical Elective organised for medical students from the UK to India at Sparsh Hospital, Bangalore. Kanai Garala’s report got published in the student edition of the Lancet.
- Successful Senior (Prof Mandeep Dhillon & Prof S Kapoor) and Junior (Prof Ajay Puri, Dr Manish Chadha & Dr Deena Dayalan) Indo British fellowships including State Chapter Fellows from KOA. Two fellows from Bangalore Orthopaedic Society visited UK
- 11th BIOS Annual Meeting under the chairmanship of Amit Sinha in Llandudno, North Wales in June.
- BIOS Members attended IOACON meeting at Bhubaneswar in Dec. Hugely successful BIOS participation.
The number of Indo British Travelling Fellows increased from 3 to 6 per year. The fellows are categorised as Junior Fellows (aged less that 40), and Senior Fellows. The junior fellowship is arranged around the BIOS annual conference and the senior fellowship around the BOA annual conference.
Mr Alok Agrawal, Mr Mahesh Reddy, Mr Rajeev Chatterjee and Mr Zile Singh Kundu completed a 2-week Indo British Travel Fellowship in June / July 2008.
The 10th annual conference of BIOS was held in Liverpool, European capital of culture 2008, in June 2008, hosted by Mr & Mrs Jay Sampath.
Prof Govardhan, Prof Ramesh Kumar Sen and Dr Arindam Banerjee were this year’s senior BIOS visiting fellows from India.
2007 annual meeting was hosted by Mr & Mrs Shivanand Geeranavar at Holiday Inn M6, Birmingham on 30th June and 1st July. Please click here for a summary of the event.
Miss Anna Fox, Specialist Registrar completed Indian Travelling Fellowship and presented her experience in BIOS annual meeting. Her experience was published in the British Orthopaedic Newsletter.
Prof. Jitendra Maheshwari, Prof. Rajeev Naik and Dr Rakesh Rajput completed a 3-week Indo British Travel Fellowship in September 2007.
Mr Chan, Mr Rao, Mr Srinivasan and Mr Nellikunja completed Indo British Travelling Fellowship in various centres in India
Free Orthoteers knowledge gateway website access was given to 60 Orthopaedic Trainees in India (approximate total saving of £3600)
BIOS Members arranged educational courses including FRCS Orth Exam Course (Mr Kavarthapu), Upper Limb Arthroplasty Course (Mr Kamineni) and Bangalore Shoulder Course (Mr Muddu)
Mr & Mrs Ravikumar hosted 8th annual meeting in London, on the 13th and 14th May 2006. Please click here for a summary of the event.
BIOS has been standing shoulder to shoulder with BAPIO (British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin) in its fight to bring justice with regard to recent changes in the immigration rules for International Medical graduates. To this end, a contribution of £500 was made to BAPIO.
BIOS Meeting in Pontefract on 21st and 22nd May, hosted by Mr & Mrs Murti Gollapudi. Please click here for a summary of the event.
The First Indo-British Travel fellowsip was successfully organised and the glowing reports from the fellows, Prof. Lee, Dr Rao and Dr Bhatia confirm how much they appreciated this very stimulating educational tour.
BIOS Meeting in Eastbourne June 26-27 2004, hosted by Mr & Mrs Ravi Koka
BIOS, led by Mr Muddu arranged the first INDIAN SUMMER at BOA Meeting in Manchester in Sept 2004.
BIOS Meeting in Hartlepool – Hosted by Mr Amar Rangan & Mr Bimal Singh.
Lisa Turnie, an Orthopaedic Registrar participated in an BIOS Indian Travelling Fellowship programme at Vellore
BIOS Meeting in Birmingham.
BIOS sponsored two consultants from England Mr. A D Clayson and Mr Srinivasan to give Guest lectures at the Karnataka Orthopaedic Association Meeting Feb 2001.
BIOS Meeting Manchester. Hosted by – Mr & Mrs Muddu, and Mr & Mrs Peravali in May 2001.
BIOS Meeting in Lake District. Hosted by Mr.& Mrs S. Rao. May 2000.
Instruments sent to India. Dr. Manjunath Sep 2000.
May 2000 – Website created – Indianorthopaedicsociety.org.uk
July 2016 – Website and Name Change to BIOS – BritishIndianOrthopaedicSociety.org.uk